Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My office


Yesterday it was here, in Central Park's Ramble.

I was on a scouting mission - looking for edible plants for a foraging walk. I hadn't been in the park for about a month, and things change fast. There were lots of holes -blue sky visible in the wooded Ramble, where trees from the last couple of catastrophic years - intense storm cells, October snowfall, tornado, Sandy - have been cleared. And there was a forest of Japanese knotweed. Absolutely out of control. It needs to be eaten. Seriously.


These beautiful white violets are very tall, about two feet high. Viola canadensis. Common name, well, tall white violets.


4 comments:

  1. When is it Bring Your Blog-Friends to Work Day? See my hand waving high? I'll go! I'll go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, what are the blue flowers in the second photo? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing. It's like your office is straight from Thoreau's Walden. A perfect work space, indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 48 hours are moderated (for spam control) . Yours will be seen! Unless you are a troll. Serial trollers are banned.